Friday Flash 55, "Truth or Dare?"

Truth or Dare?
A stupid game
Cropping up at slumber parties.
Giggling girls,
waiting like piranhas for a victim to fail.
“French-kiss Bobby!”
Waste my first kiss on someone two grades younger
with a voice higher pitched than mine?
Bobby squirms with anticipation.
There seems no way out,
 until Bobbie ambles up...
My dog!


by Margaret Bednar


*****


This is my submission for Friday Flash 55.  Tell a story in 55 words or less  Click HERE to be transported to G-Man's (aka "Mr. Know It All") Blog to read more short stories.

Comments

The link worked great.

I think kissing a dog would be better than the option... Ha
very cute 55

Moondustwriter
Well, both are crazy adorable and must boast many admirers. :) Love your poem and the twist of it. I especially like the "waste your first kiss" line. So true! Very well done.
Brian Miller said…
hehe...now just close yo9ur eyes and...smiles. nice 55 and thank you for allowing me to post your sons poem at one stop today
G-Man said…
Yuck!!!
Margaret...This is exactly the kind of story that I love.
A story! This is perfection in my book.
Excellent 55 My Friend.
Thanks for playing today, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G
Bubba said…
Bleh! (LOL!) Funny 55!
Cad said…
Yuk! But funny! LOL :)
Monkey Man said…
Excellent! Great ending and fun 55. My 55 is HERE.
delightful image,
sorry for the sadness.
Margaret said…
Moonduster - yes I know how to link now! Awesome.

Lisa - Yes, the young man is a family friend and I hated using him as such - but he was the right age AND he does look like he is waiting for a kiss, doesn't he?

Brian - Thank you for posting his poem!

G-Man - Wow! I am honored :)

Eric - You wouldn't kiss your dog?

Cad - Haven't you ever been licked by a dog? Can't be that bad...

Monkey Man- Thanks! An ending sealed with a kiss

Jingle - Sadness? Are you sure you read my 55?
Lisa Gordon said…
This has got to be tough to do (55 words or less!). Love this one!
Doctor FTSE said…
Delightful twist! Nay . . . AWESOME! (Thank for the kind comment on mine.)
All good wishes.