Friday Flash 55, "Walmart Surprise"


I carried in their Walmart bags.


"What are these?," Grandpa inquired.


"Are they girls' headscarves?," Grandma asked, puzzled.


We stared at them:  pink dots, black lace, tiger stripes.


"Uh... Grandma...  You brought home the wrong bag. They're underwear!"


Grandpa's face registered a shocked and puzzled look for quite a while.


Fashions change...sometimes a lot! 




By Margaret Bednar


This is my submission for Friday Flash 55.  Tell a story in 55 words or less.  Click HERE to be transported to G-Man's (aka "Mr. Know It All") Blog to read more short stories.


This little story could almost be called a "non-fiction flash 55"! 

Comments

Brian Miller said…
snort...lol...yes they are...smiles.
G-Man said…
I'll wear briefs, but FORGET about the thongs!
Loved your 55 Margaret.
I'm glad to see someone more low tech than me!
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End
Anonymous said…
haha .. this was super !
Belinda Munoz said…
Ha ha! Loved this! They do look very similar at times.
Bubba said…
I'd take the tighty-whities; you can keep the butt-floss, Margaret. (Actually, I prefer a little color... but that's probably T.M.I.)

Funny 55!
hedgewitch said…
Ha! I've been baffled by the latest trends in underwear myself a few times--they all look terribly uncomfortable--but I suppose that's not the point. Hilarious 55 (and I see you've got the linking thing down--YAY.)
Lisa Gordon said…
Oh gosh!!!!
I love this!
Margaret said…
Thanks, everyone, for letting me know you enjoyed it!