Friday Flash 55, "Imitation"

Imitation is flattery.

When little Johnny's sisters braved the aquarium, so did he.


When big brother got "kicken" black boots for Christmas, Johnny finally decided to wear his too.


When another child cut Johnny off at the sidewalk, little Johnny did what he had seen Mommy do in similar situations.  Why didn't Mommy feel flattered?


This is my submission for Friday Flash 55.  Tell a story in 55 words or less.  Click HERE to be transported to G-Man's (aka "Mr. Know it All") blog to read more stories.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
hahaha...that is awesome...kids are such the imitators...and have a way of calling us out for our own behavior...lol
G-Man said…
Ummmm Margaret....?
You are such a scamp!
Actions speak louder than words though..hehehe
Loved your 55 My Friend.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End
Crystal said…
this is so true to life...sincere flattery right? Lol :-)
Ami Mattison said…
Ha! Kids! They never fail to reflect back the best and worst of us! Nice 55!
Bubba said…
Cute and hilarious! A fun 55 for sure!
Maude Lynn said…
This is so funny! I love it!
Margaret said…
Brian, G-Man, Art2cee2, Ami, Eric & Mama Zen - Thank you. I would just like to post a disclaimer... This is fiction and my even though I MIGHT have raised a finger once during a volatile traffic situation, he has not yet really imitated me... this was just something I noticed upon reviewing old photos. Yup, that's my story!
Jannie Funster said…
LOL on his finger and this post!!

You are a HOOT, Margaret.

And great-looking kids.

xoxo
So funny! Thanks for the out-loud chortle.
Dutchbaby said…
:-D

Reminds me of the time when my pre-school son said to my husband "I don't know why they even have this stop sign; nobody ever stops there anyway." Why do we disrespect stop signs when they are close to home?
Margaret said…
Jannie - Thank you - I guess one either develops a sense of humor or you sink pretty quickly with six kids...

Lisa, Jingle and Paige - Thanks for laughing!

Dutchbaby - we call that "Grandpas coasting "stop".