Friday Flash 55, "Sixteen"


Peripheral vision working overtime,
I drive by again.  "Please", I whisper.
A glimpse would be heavenly, sublime,
during this sneaky "detour" to the grocer.
Hoping to see him and wave "Hi, Hank!"
Or spying him mowing the yard, shirt off, glistening skin...

Flashing lights and siren abruptly yank
me back to reality.  Embarrassment sets in.

by Margaret Bednar

* * * * *

This is my submission for Friday Flash 55.  Tell a story in 55 words or less.  Click HERE to be transported to G-Man's (aka "Mr. Know it All") blog to read more stories.

This was also my submission for this week's Magpie (Tess Kincaid had a different photo).  My apologies if you have already read it on my poetry/photography blog.  

Comments

moondustwriter said…
Hi Hank ya know my lawn is looking ...
Austin said…
I don't remember posing for that shot!

Without Words is my 55 this week.
Doctor FTSE said…
Good Gracious, Margaret . . . how come you didn't notice his little medallion. Great 55!
Maude Lynn said…
This has never happened to me. Nope, never.
Monkey Man said…
Keep your eyes on the road.

Word verification - foolish. Hmmmm.
RNSANE said…
Not bad, not bad. I used to have to worry about my girlfrind who always oohed and ahhed over my Division One Cal Poly decathlete with his incredible phsyique. I have to admit he did look like the statue of David at the Accademia in Florence. God, it takes an awful lot of work though!
Margaret said…
Moonduster, - LOL. I'm sure he will be happy to help you out.

Austin - Ha! It is very hard to get "16" back...

Jingle - Glad you liked it. :)

Dr. FTSE - what medallion. :)

Mama Zen - ? Hmm. And you needed to deny this ... 3 times?

Monkey Man - Peripheral Vision is just THAT... Keeping one's eyes on the road...

RNSANE - The statue of David would be hard to ignore...

Thank you all for enjoying and commenting! It means a lot to me.
Lisa Gordon said…
Loved this one Margaret!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

lisa.
Hey, how come my yard guy doesn't look like that? LOL Great story. Love the end. Talk about instant retribution!
Jannie Funster said…
Does he clean pools too??

Watch out for sirens and such!

xo
Anonymous said…
What a fascinating Friday Flash....
I used to look like the guy in the photo, only different.

Have a nice day, Boonie
Anonymous said…
What a fantastic 55!! :)
Too bad the flashing lights and sirens got in the way...grrr!! (sigh) This almost seemed like an A&F commercial... ;-)