Microfiction Monday #69, "The Beast"

Photo Courtesy of Micro-fiction Monday
Does the "Beast" live here, is that Cogsworth?"
Spitting at the old lady, her brother sneered "Yes, & that's Belle."
He lived to regret it.
* * * * *
The above is for "Microfiction Monday #69".  Tell a story or caption in 140 characters or less. Give it a try and enter by clicking HERE or read other entries for the above photo prompt.  


I found this one was really hard to write - and you might only get it if you now the story of "The Beauty & the Beast" real well.  An enchantress disguised herself as an old beggar woman and asked a prince to help her.  He didn't and she turned him into the "Beast". 

Comments

Diane said…
My favorite Disney of all time! Good one. :O)
izzy said…
Like it thanks!
Peggy said…
Beauty and the Beast and the clock.
Great tie in.
I'm singing the music now , glad no one is home but the cats! :)
Peggy said…
Margaret, another Margaret is following you.
Glad to have you join us for MF!
Sylvia K said…
Love the Beauty and the Beast connection! Great one for the day! Glad you've come to "play" with us, Margaret! It is fun! Have a great week!

Sylvia
septembermom said…
Wonderful! My daughter and I watched Beauty & the Beast many times this past week.
Susan Fobes said…
I knew this one immediately-in fact, this is one of my favorite Disney movies! I enjoyed it!
Lisa Gordon said…
I knew this one also. I cannot tell you howmany times I watched that movie with my daughter when she was younger. It was her favorite! Beautiful work and thank you for the memory.
Margaret said…
It amazes me how we can all travel the world and inspire each other while sitting at our computers! Thank you for taking time out for my blog and enjoying it.
My daughter used to audtion for musical theatre and Belle's song was one of my favourites.

Great wordplay to the photo -- I'll have to try this sometime -- sounds daunting!
Margaret said…
M.L. - you would be wonderful at this, I'm sure of it. "B & the B" is wonderful. We also have a soft spot for Disney's "Hunchback" - the music is so emotional and beautiful.