Friday Flash 55 - "Heavenly Guidance"


Heavenly Guidance

For my soul
ceaselessly
my angel does pray,
whilst from me
gratitude's
seldom received.

Follow, I try, the
"straight and narrow"
surely her divine
heavenly guidance
at work.

Upon my death
deserved rest
I pray
she finally achieves.

Unlike
the guardian
I glimpsed
in the cemetery,


seemingly
bearing sorrow
eternally
upon brow
and weary wings.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens, May 13, 2011

This is a Friday Flash Fiction 55 (a story in 55 words or less)  For more 55's or to try one yourself, please click HERE to be transported to the G-Man's "Mr. Know-it-all" blog! (Actually, no posts this week due to the blogger problems of yesterday & today - but a few linked up anyway...)

The above photos I took recently while on spring vacation.  While visiting Savannah, GA, I got up bright and early one morning and visited Bonaventure Cemetery.  If you would like to see more photos and read a bit of the cemetery's history, please click HERE for part II of V posts on Bonaventure.

Comments

Jannie Funster said…
Yay -- thanks Blogger for your downtime which landed me primo spot on Margaret's post!!

Lovely statue. I should like to wander Bonaventure in Savannah too. And the Pere LaChaise one day. Morbib? Nah...

xo
Margaret said…
Thanks, Jannie. You are so fun!
G-Man said…
Margaret Bednar...
That cemetary was worth LOTS of posts....And rightfully so!
Loved your 55
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End
Lisa Gordon said…
So beautifully done as always. you are truly an inspiration.