Friday Flash 55 - "Fantasy vs. Reality"


In the above photo, my daughters are (1) front, left and (2) with red flower in hair and my son (Jesus) in "Godspell".

Following is my Friday Flash 55 (A story in 55 words or less)  Visit the "G-Man" (aka Mr. Know-it-all) for more!

* * * * *

I have a fantasy.

I used to say "dream" but realize it will never happen.

My family is blessed with what I don't have:

beautiful singing voices that fill a room with their richness and vibrato.

Regardless, my youngest child loves me to hold and sing him to sleep.

Sometimes, reality is better than fantasy.

* * * * *

Below is my son with a St. Patrick's Day treat.  Flogging Molly is a seven-piece Irish-American Celtic punk band.  My son loves the band and has been singing this song for years.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!  My son has his own writing and poetry blog "HERE".  Lyrics are under the You-Tube video.In the 



Laura

Feel the words from my lips
To your harsh finger tips
Then you know where I come from
Cause I know, yes I know
Cause I lost everything I had
See, I could have danced on the sun
But my world came undone

Laura!!!!!!

There's no need for tears
Cause there's no need to cry
The love that you leave
Will never be denied
This pain in my head escaped from my heart
No woman alive can touch who you were
So bye bye, Laura
Cause no one could take your place
Bye bye Laura
Your beauty will never fade
The seed that you've sewn
Will reach for the sky
This love that you leave
Will never be denied
And after this song, her spirit lives on
Though you're not around you'll never be gone

So bye bye Laura
Cause no one can take your place
Bye bye Laura
Your beauty will never fade
Well I... I could have danced on the sun
But the world came undone
Laura
Yeah I... I could have danced on the sun
But my world came undone
So Bye Bye Laura
Bye Bye Laura

So bye bye, Laura
Bye bye Laura
This pain in my head escaped from my heart
No woman alive could touch who you were
So bye bye Laura
Cause no one could take your place
Bye bye Laura
Your beauty will never fade
So bye bye Laura
Cause no one can take your place
Bye bye Laura
Your beauty will never fade
FADE!

Comments

Crystal said…
This is wonderful! Your son has a lot of talent! I love celtic music and my husband who is a Donnelly has quite a bit on his ipod. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours! :-)
Your son is quite a talent. He has a strong, beautiful voice, and it doesn't hurt that he's pretty darn cute. :) He writes lovely poetry, too. Thanks for sharing his talent with us.
G-Man said…
Funny....
Reality is RARELY better than the fantasy!
Your son is awesome Margaret, thanks for sharing.
Loved your 55 as well...
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End
Brian Miller said…
smiles. in this case reality is better...and i bet that singing makes you smile as wide as they...and what a talented son!
Bubba said…
Since your son is Jesus, do we have to start calling you Mary now? (LOL!)

Reality is always better than fantasy because it stays.
some of the fantasy comes true,
that's why you sing and chew,
with this 55 and more,
to share your joy in life you adore...


lovely 55,
smiles,
carry pride for your talented boys.
your sing him to sleep, that's how he loves singing when he grows up.
Belinda Munoz said…
Awww. What talented kids you have! Loved your 55. Your heart must swell, proud momma :)
Jannie Funster said…
O.M.G. Your son is so talented!!! And so gorgeous!

You are all so amazing in your art world family and it's a joy to behold. Thank you.

xoxo
Anonymous said…
Awww....that is soooo sweet, Margaret... Great and talented kids, and an awesome mommy that CAN sing to kids (when asked to)!
HUUUUGE HUGS to you and your lovely family, my dear friend!!
xoxooxx
Lisa Gordon said…
What a wonderful post Margaret!
Your children are beautiful.
Dutchbaby said…
Sometimes in my travels, maybe at an airport or in a train, I will see a woman that looks like she was born to be mother. I would envy her natural, unworried style of parenting that is so contrary to my "what-if" worry. She often has double the number of children that I have, and in your case, you have triple. I am in awe of your children and I suspect that your parenting has a lot to do with their successes. Your son is a very talented, self-assured young man. Well done!

btw, the clip took forever for me to download. I don't know if anyone else has the same problem.

My verification word: "preemo" :-D
Margaret said…
Thank you, everyone. This week I have been busy with my daughter's show. She is Cinderella and it is the musical. I haven't had much time to blog visit, but I will have more time after this weekend. :)