Thursday Tales #74 & Three Word Wednesday CCLV - "Time"

Photography courtesy of "whendt" for use with Thursday Tales
Time

Stoically the old girl prevails, seemingly impassive to the degradation of time.  With head held high she remains straight and proud.  Gracefully she poses, unaware her resplendent scarlet robe has long since been stripped from her frame.  A tattered and stained corset bulges at its seams, hinting at what used to be.  The west's version of a Norma Desmond, perhaps, dreaming of a triumphant revival, a stunning close up possible as she gracefully glides across the horizon once again.  Desire still strums it's fingers against the strings of her heart and she patiently awaits, seductively lying in wait for her man to need her again. But for many an old girl, renewal, let alone adaptation, is an unattainable dream and time continues its course, beating down her will and demanding submission.

by Margaret Bednar, Art Happens in Black & White, August 25, 2011

This is for Thursday Tales #74.  The photograph is "The Old Barn" by .  Minimum of 55 words, Maximum 777.  No poems, just stories and short tales.  I hope the above qualifies.

I also participated in Three Word Wednesday, CCLV.  This week's words are glide, lie and renewal.  I used a different tense for two of the words and I hope that is within the rules.

Now that school is back in session, I hope to do a little creative writing once a week or so along with my photography, poetry and long neglected drawing.

I also thought you might enjoy this beautiful YouTube video of old barns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D2yvmL5H-Lc#!

Comments

Monica Manning said…
What a beautiful homage. Your Desmond analogy is perfect. I love old barns. They hold wonderful stories--both sad and happy.
Sheilagh Lee said…
a lovely tribute to the old barn.
Yamini Meduri said…
wonderful is the only word crossing my mind at this moment..!!!

thanks for joining the tales train dear :)
Altax said…
Great picture!!! Awesome photography.
-------------------------
School Resources
Anonymous said…
I think I drove past that place yesterday.

Excellent use of three words. Please come see my three words
Jess PJ said…
Old buildings always hold such memories.
And I'm pretty sure different tenses are just fine :-)
My 3WW: http://bit.ly/qRXKRg
Ed Pilolla said…
i liked it too, especially lying in wait for her man to need her again and time continuing to beat her down. great art, barn.